Saturday, May 17, 2008

6 days to go.......

Its would be one of the most memorable days of my life, the day when i will land in my home country after remaining away for exactly 2 years, 2 months and 16 days.......no doubt i would be the happiest person on earth.

At present, i am counting the days remaining to board the plane, along with checking and rechecking things to be taken along with, my mind lingers on the thoughts of what's happening and what would happen after i reach my hometown......and as an obvious fact, family and friends are the ones whom i am most longing to meet.

Be it my parents, who have started planning many things to keep me comfortable in a harsh weather (its chilling summer in Melbourne, and summer's going on in India), my younger sister with her endless list of gifts and movies (along with her valuable suggestions, of course), and my dearest friends finding time in their busy schedule to plan a reunion worthy of welcoming me back after such a long time, i realize that times change, but some things in this world never change.......enough said!!!

Along with the thoughts, changes have come along for me in everyday life......thoughts is my food, and memories provide me energy. and strangely enough, i spend more and more time sitting alone, listening to songs, watching pictures of my near and dear ones. Suddenly the life's focus has very much turned to an opposite direction, that everything seems hazy enough to forget about it.

I can't wait to get some things which i've never got while living here.......a genuine smile, a hearty hug and generous blessings, who can deny such things after a long time living away from these??
No matter how far i go in my life, its the place where my loved ones live is my final destination...

Finally, i would like to quote a few lines from some songs from my favourite band:

so i say a litter prayer

and hope my dreams will take me there
where the skies are blue
to see you once again my love
over seas from coast to coast
to find the place i love the most
where the fields are green
to see you once again my love


Another aeroplane,
Another sunny place,
I'm lucky, I know,
But I wanna go home,
I've got to go home,
Let me go home
Im just to far,
From where you are,
I've gotta come home,
Let me go home,
I've had my run,
Baby I'm done,
I want to come home

Sometimes I feel like The world is against me
The sound of your voice
That's what saves me
When we're together I feel so invincible

No comments: